- Close my Alliance & Leicester and HSBC accounts.
- Open a Co-Operative Bank account.
- Transfer my ISA from Kent Reliance to an ethical one next April.
- Stop shoping at stores like H&M and Primark, but not without telling them the reason why.
- Start buying my jeans from Marks and Spencer when they have Fairtrade ones in stock.
- Buy all my other clothes from charity shops or People Tree.
- Put durability and ethics before price when buying clothes.
- Accept this might mean buying fewer clothes and having a smaller choice.
- Recycle more.
- Only buy Fairtrade tea, coffee and chocolate.
- Choose Organic and/or Fairtrade food when it is possible.
Victoria Heather Syred
3rd July 2008
The things that might prevent me from following this pledge are:
- Low interest from ethical bank accounts or ISAs.
- Being unemployed after GX and not being able to afford ethical choices.
- Low availability of ethical options.