Thursday, 3 July 2008

What can I do as a global citizen?

I Vicky Heather Syred, of sound body and mind, on the 3rd July 2008 hereby pledge to:

  • Close my Alliance & Leicester and HSBC accounts.
  • Open a Co-Operative Bank account.
  • Transfer my ISA from Kent Reliance to an ethical one next April.
  • Stop shoping at stores like H&M and Primark, but not without telling them the reason why.
  • Start buying my jeans from Marks and Spencer when they have Fairtrade ones in stock.
  • Buy all my other clothes from charity shops or People Tree.
  • Put durability and ethics before price when buying clothes.
  • Accept this might mean buying fewer clothes and having a smaller choice.
  • Recycle more.
  • Only buy Fairtrade tea, coffee and chocolate.
  • Choose Organic and/or Fairtrade food when it is possible.
Signed,





Victoria Heather Syred



3rd July 2008




The things that might prevent me from following this pledge are:

  • Low interest from ethical bank accounts or ISAs.
  • Being unemployed after GX and not being able to afford ethical choices.
  • Low availability of ethical options.
Hopefully though, I'll still be able to see past these and follow my pledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment