Friday, 26 August 2011

Day 02 – A show that I wish more people were watching

This one's a bit tough for me because I don't really pay attention to ratings, but after a little research (if you can call checking Wikipedia research) I decided upon this one:



This is a tremendous black comedy made by CBS and shown on Showtime in the states which follows the misadventures of Jackie Peyton, played by Edie Falco, a nurse addicted to painkillers who nonetheless does her utmost to get her patients the best possible care.  

I don't really understand how a show that always gets around 1 million viewers carries on to a fourth season, but I'm guessing that's good for a premium cable channel.  However where I really do wish more people were watching it was here in the UK.  It used to be shown on the BBC at such rubbish times that I never got to watch it when it was on, so I can understand why it hadn't done that well here for the first two seasons.  It's now being shown on Sky Atlantic now BSkyB bought the UK rights for it.  I just hope that:
  1. Sky is treating it better, and
  2. It's finally getting the viewing figures it deserves.
I can't find the viewing figures for the UK to confirm whether it's getting better viewers but I can see it's being shown at 10:15 pm on Saturday nights on Sky Atlantic.  Seeing as I seem to remember it being shown frequently after 11 pm on the BBC, this is a definite improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment