Saturday, 27 August 2011

Day 03 – My favorite new show (aired this TV season)

Errr, I'm going to have to go with:

Falling skies

Well, it had to be Falling Skies because the only other new show I've seen this season is The Killing, which was appalling and wasn't a patch on the original.

However, even though Falling Skies didn't exactly have stiff competition for me, it was still pretty good.  It's about the invasion of aliens on Earth.  I know, I know, so far so V.  But where V starts from the first contact, Falling Skies jumps you into a few months after the first contact and shows you the human resistance from the get go so no time is wasted showing people work out whether the aliens are benevolent or not.

It was great to see Noah Wyle on my telly box again and there were strong performances from some of the rest of the cast.  It wasn't without its weak points though.  For instance, a character goes missing in the first few episodes and is never mentioned again, even by her boyfriend until she randomly turns up in the penultimate episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment