Sunday, 25 September 2011

Day 19 – Best TV show cast

Right, well I took a pause to make sure I did this post justice. However, I have since realised the longer I leave it the more amazing it'll need to be to justify not posting for so long and I've probably already left it too long to be able to write a good enough post so I might as well just post now...


Contenders are:


The four main girls are all great actors and it's quite easy to tell from their Twitter feeds that they're great friends in real life (particularly Shay and Ashley). In lesser hands I'd have probably given up on this show a while ago for being "just a teen show" when I'm definitely not a teen any more (as much as it pains me to admit that!). But the four of them portray their characters so well that I can't help but watch.


Well... I could do without certain members of the cast (mentioning no names, Matthew Morrison) but most of them are really good at what they do, particularly Naya Rivera who delivers both the snark and the heartache of Santana with aplomb as well as being an awesome singer and dancer. Oh, and I challenge anyone to watch Heather Morris dance without their brain stopping functioning!
All of the stars (except for Heather) are on Twitter and regularly interact with each other and their fans. Naya is the queen of the Brittana (Brittany and Santana) shippers... she has been a great advocate for their storyline and she realises the impact it is having.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Well, where do I begin? Sarah Michelle Gellar was awesome as the physically strong and emotionally fragile woman who was trapped in a destiny not of her own choosing. Anthony Stewart Head was amazing as her Watcher. I had a massive crush on both Nicholas Brendon and Alyson Hannigan (how I did not work out I was bi until I was 19 I do not know...). Other notable mentions are the  always cool Seth Green and the wonderful Amber Benson.




Bones

There is not a single member of this cast I do not like. And I am not going the say a single word further!





And the winner? I have kind of surprised myself, but I have come to the conclusion that Pretty Little Liars has the best cast for me. Between them (OK, OK, together with the writing staff), they manage to keep up the tension through every episode and keep me coming back for more. Plus they are sooo sweet to their fans and to one another. So, yep, that's my decision and I'm sticking to it. Questions? Comments? Please leave a tweet or head to the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment