Saturday, 1 December 2012

Crisis at Christmas

For those of you who don't know, last year I volunteered for Crisis at Christmas.

Once a year, Crisis hosts thousands of street homeless and vulnerably housed people who otherwise wouldn't have much of a Christmas.

This involves providing food, entertainment and counselling services as well as a bed for the night, for those who need it.

You can find stats relating to last year's Crisis at Christmas on their site here.

Last year, I was a Hub volunteer, working in the main warehouse in Bermondsey. I spent most of the time working as a co-driver, stopping the guests from distracting the driver and helping them with any concerns they might have.

I'm going to be a Hub volunteer again this year. If anyone would like to sponsor me you can do so here.

If anybody would like to ask me any more, you can email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment